Moving Forward a Bold 2SLGBTQ+ Agenda in Canada
How can we foster equity and inclusion for 2SLGBTQ+ communities in Canada? This International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia (IDAHOT) join Wisdom2Action and our partners for a virtual chat with 2SLGBTQ+ leaders about Moving Forward a Bold 2SLGBTQ+ Agenda in Canada.
What is the current state of 2SLGBTQ+ health, rights and safety in Canada? What possibilities could come out of the federal government’s plans to create a national 2SLGBTQ+ action plan? Where do we go from here?
With opening remarks from Canada’s Minister of Diversity and Inclusion and Youth, Bardish Chagger, and hosted by Wisdom2Action’s Principal Consultant Fae Johnstone, our panelists include:
- Debbie Owusu-Akyeeah, Executive Director of the Canadian Centre for Gender and Sexual Diversity;
- Emmett Lamache, Executive Director of the Enchanté Network;
- Jeffery Chalifoux, Executive Director of the Edmonton 2 Spirit Society;
- Kimahli Powell, Executive Director of Rainbow Railroad;
- Berkha Gupta, Executive Director of the LGBT YouthLine; and
- Helen Kennedy, Executive Director of Egale Canada.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Fae Johnstone at firstname.lastname@example.org.