Thank you for joining us at Equal Futures 2022: A Gender Equality Summit!
Look back at Equal Futures 2022 in pictures: https://equalfuturesnetwork.ca/equal-futures-2022-in-pictures/
Experience your favourite sessions again or check out those you missed, check out the Equal Futures 2022 recordings: https://equalfuturesnetwork.ca/resources-equal-futures-2022/
Follow us at @EqualFuturesCA on social media and subscribe to our summit mailing list to receive the latest news and updates as we look forward to Equal Futures 2023 in Whitehorse!
Registration for our first-ever gender equality summit, Equal Futures 2022: A Gender Equality Summit, is now closed. Taking place from June 7 to 8, 2022, the summit will be held at the beautiful Richcraft Hall, overlooking the Rideau River, at Carleton University in Ottawa.
Unable to attend the summit in person? Join virtually! Register for our free webcast here: https://equalfutures2022.can.chime.live/
Virtual participants of Equal Futures 2022: A Gender Equality Summit will also be able to join summit attendees of the inaugural Future of Good Women’s Economic Resilience Summit from June 7-9.
Read more about our partnership with Future of Good here.
Through the theme “Collaboration, Collective Action and Community”, the summit will provide an in-person forum for the gender equality movement to come together, build connections, strengthen capacity, share expertise, and establish the collective actions that will pave the path forward for advancing gender equality in Canada.
Travelling from Les Suites Hotel via public transit:
- Walk to the Rideau O-Train station, take Line 1 Tunney’s Pasture to Lyon station. Then, take the 10 Hurdman bus to the Carleton U stop.
- Or walk to Rideau/Dalhousie to take the 7 Carleton bus to the Carleton U stop.
Arrival by Train or Bus
The 15-minute taxi ride from the Ottawa (Via Rail) train station to Carleton University’s Residence Commons costs approximately $15.00.
Taxi fare from the Ottawa (Voyageur) bus terminal to Carleton University is approximately $10.00.
Arrival by Airplane
Ottawa International Airport (YOW)
The taxi ride from the Ottawa Airport to Carleton University’s Residence Commons costs approximately $15.00.
Via Highway 417
Highway 417 runs east/west through the centre of the City of Ottawa. Exit Highway 417 (also called the “Queensway”) at Bronson Avenue. Follow Bronson Avenue south approximately 2 kilometres. The campus entrance will be on the right at the intersection of Bronson and Sunnyside Avenue.
Via Highway 416
Hwy 416 connects Hwy 401 (interchange near Prescott, Ontario) to Hwy 417. Follow Hwy. 416 to Hwy. 417 (East). Follow Hwy. 417 (the “Queensway”) and exit at Bronson Avenue. Follow Bronson Avenue south approximately 2 kilometres. The campus entrance will be on the right at the intersection of Bronson and Sunnyside Avenue.
Featuring an inspiring set of keynote addresses, insightful panel discussions and practical workshops, we are delighted to share Equal Futures 2022’s program.
MY GLUE APP
We are happy to offer the participants of Equal Futures 2022 the opportunity to connect with one another before and during the event using the My Glue app.
Why use the My Glue App?
Within the app you will find the event details such as: program and times, speaker bios, venue location, your ticket for the event, and more.
How to access the My Glue App?
Please follow the instructions below on how to download the app, sign up for an account, and access the event details on your mobile device:
- Once you have downloaded the app, please sign up for an account using the email you registered with for the Equal Futures 2022: A Gender Equality Summit. This is very important as your ticket and registration will be linked with that email.
- Please follow the prompts to create a profile – this will allow you to connect with fellow participants attending the summit. Note that you will need to check your email to verify your email address after you create a profile.
- You will be redirected to the Home page of the My Glue app when you have completed the sign up process.If you are not redirected to the My Glue app, please return to the app and login with your profile details.
- From there you can access the event details by selecting the calendar icon at the bottom of the screen to be redirected to the Event page
- Click on the tab “My Registered” at the top of your screen to be shown the events you have registered for, including the GE Summit
- Select the “Equal Futures 2022: A Gender Equality Summit” to view program details, venue location, Carleton University map, and more.
Reserve your room early at Les Suites Hotel Ottawa to ensure your accommodation at Equal Futures 2022. To access the preferred rate, use one of the methods below and reference Equal Futures 2022:
- Call: 1-800-267-1989 (US & Canada) or 1-(613) 232-2000 (International)
- Email IV411.email@example.com.
- Book online: https://www.reseze.net/servlet/WebresResDesk?hotelid=1743&rateCode=3661
Room rates start at $229/night for one-bedroom suites. Les Suites Hotel Ottawa is located at 130 Besserer St, Ottawa, ON K1N 9M9.
Travel instructions to Carleton University from the hotel are below:
By Car – Take Nicholas St. outside the hotel to the 417 West. Then exit on Bronson Ave, turn left at the lights and follow Bronson past the canal to the University on the right-hand side. The drive is approximately 15 minutes.
By Bus/Transit – Take the Train at Rideau Station (less than a minute walk from the hotel) and head west towards Tunney’s Pasture but exit at Lyon Station and take the Number 10 Hurdman bus which stops at Carleton. Transit is between 20 and 25 minutes.
DATE & TIME
June 7, 2022
- 9:00am – 4:30pm EDT – Conference Program
- 5:00pm – 7:00pm EDT – Evening Reception
June 8, 2022
- 9:00am-3:30pm EDT – Conference Program
Carleton University has two parking lots available for attendees, please see below for the following parking locations:
- For daily attendees – P9 parking garage is a short 5-minute walk to Richcraft Hall (follow the pedestrian pathway beneath the O-Train to reach the main entrance of Richcraft Hall). In addition to the regular stalls, it has eight accessible and two electric vehicle (EV) parking spots available on the second level. Fees are approximately $17 per day.
- For attendees staying in Carleton residence: P18 parking garage is a short 5-minute walk to Residence Commons and is approximately $13.50 per day.
In accordance with the recommendation of Ottawa Public Health, Carleton will be maintaining its mandatory COVID-19 Mask Policy until further notice. Masks must be worn in all indoor university facilities including shared offices, meeting spaces, athletics facilities, classrooms and labs.
Proof of vaccination is no longer required to access campus or to participate in in-person Carleton activities. However, it may become necessary to bring back proof of vaccination requirements on short notice if the situation and public health advice changes. In the event the vaccine policy changes, all guests of the Equal Futures 2022: A Gender Equality Summit must provide proof of vaccination prior to entry into university property through the university’s cuScreen website.
All information will be collected, used and stored in compliance with the university’s obligations pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and applicable university policies.
Equal Futures 2022: A Gender Equality Summit is supported by Women and Gender Equality Canada.