- Interactive Map
- Equal Futures 2023
- News & Stories
- Julia Anderson, Co-Chair, CEO, CanWaCH
- Genesa Greening, Co-Chair, CEO, Vancity Community Foundation
- Angela Marie MacDougall, Executive Director, Battered Women Support Services
- Agata Michalska, Board of Directors Secretary, Leadership Féminin Prescott-Russell
- Jenny Nam, Chief Operating Officer, BC Women’s Health Foundation
- Sydney Piggott, Senior Social Impact Manager, Shopify
- Samantha Rockbrune, Executive Director, Kawartha World Issues Centre
- Eugenia Ochoa, Community Engagement Manager, Elevate
Through diverse partnerships, the Equal Futures Network works alongside experts and representatives from communities across the country with unique perspectives to advance shared objectives and drive progress on gender equality in Canada. In partnership, our mission is to:
- Build Authentic Connections
- Exchange Knowledge and Expertise
- Tell Compelling Stories
Pursuant to the mission and values of the Equal Futures Network and grounded in CanWaCH’s strategic plan, the Equal Futures Network’s Advisory Committee will advise and provide recommendations to help guide the Network’s strategic direction and fulfill its key objectives and commitments.
Functions and Responsibilities
The Equal Futures Advisory Committee will provide advice and support to Network/CanWaCH staff in order to fulfill project objectives and commitments. Advisory Committee members will:
- Attend a monthly meeting and collaborate alongside other members of the Advisory Committee;
- Provide strategic guidance, direction and input for Network’s key activities, goals and objectives in order to help strengthen implementation and value within the Canadian gender equality landscape;
- Connect Equal Futures Network employees with relevant stakeholders to ensure that Network membership is representative of the diversity of the Canadian gender equality landscape;
- Highlight opportunities for learning, exchanging knowledge and strengthening capacity in order to help mitigate identified gaps and challenges and to support with organizational expertise where necessary;
- Support the Network to shape a national narrative on gender equality by sharing relevant initiatives, efforts, and intelligence, guiding storytelling for impact with key stakeholders and decision makers;
- Promote the Equal Futures Network via social media and via traditional media opportunities (e.g. press releases, op-eds, blogs, media interviews).
Membership and Meetings
Membership of the Advisory Committee will be composed of 6-8 members, representing a diversity of organizations across Canada.
- Meetings will be held monthly for a duration of 1 hour (or as required), and will be held via Zoom.
- Date and time of the monthly meeting to be determined based on availability.
- Meeting times will accommodate the various time zones across Canada.
Logistical and coordination support will be provided by the Equal Futures Network at CanWaCH. Staff will provide an agenda and any background materials for review one week prior to meetings.
To foster collaboration and organizational knowledge translation, the Advisory Committee will be asked voluntarily to identify one additional member of their organization to support the Network on an informal but more regular basis. These individuals will be those who can aid in supporting knowledge translation and capacity-strengthening opportunities for the Network, such as toolkits, webinars, blogs, etc. This individual may act as a point person to ensure that there is uptake of key strategic guidance and advice offered by Committee members across Equal Futures Network activities. It also provides an opportunity for mentorship from both the Equal Futures Network and the Advisory Committee Members.