Closing the Gender Gap: A Roadmap to Equitable Employment
How can we create more equitable and safe work environments that allow women and gender-diverse people to access and retain meaningful employment?
The post-COVID-19 restructuring of work environments provides employers with a critical opportunity to boldly adopt policies and practices that empower and anticipate women and gender diverse people’s needs in the workforce.
Join YWCA Canada in a panel discussion on how employers and HR Specialists can address common barriers women and gender-diverse people face in attaining and retaining employment and advancing and thriving at work.
Featuring speakers including:
- Bonnie Douglas, Project Manager, Canadian Coalition of Women in Engineering, Science, Trades & Technology
- Lindsay Amundsen, Director of Workforce Development, Canada’s Building Trades Unions
- Candace Shaw, Senior Managing Director & Deputy Chief Investment Officer, Sun Life
- Letecia Rose, Vice-President, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging, Canadian Tire
- Alicia Pachano, Employment Counsellor, YWCA Montreal
- Tracy Boyer, Project Coordinator, YWCA Halifax
The event consists of three portions:
- Panel discussion featuring employers who have successfully implemented gender-equity focused initiatives and workforce development leaders from YWCA Montreal and Metro Vancouver.
- Interactive knowledge exchange around the implementation of promising practices (4 breakout rooms, with the opportunity for participants to join two 30-minute sessions).
- Group discussion on key learnings, emerging themes and ongoing needs.
This free event is hosted online via Zoom. Live English to French translation is provided.