Access for all: Houselessness and Migration Status as barriers to abortion in Canada
Join us for a panel discussion on barriers to abortion access in Canada. We’ll share learnings from our joint stakeholder submission to Canada’s upcoming Universal Periodic Review on abortion access barriers, with a focus on migration status and housing. Panelists will explore the interconnectedness of rights and the relationship between abortion access, health equity, and systemic oppression. We’ll close by sharing our UPR recommendations and vision for strengthened access to abortion care for all people in Canada.
We encourage anyone interested or working in the areas of sexual and reproductive health, housing rights and homelessness, migrant rights, or human rights issues in Canada to attend.
- Mary Vaccaro (YWCA Hamilton | McMaster University – School of Social Work)
- Dr. Evelyn Encalada Grez (Justice for Migrant Workers | Simon Fraser University – Labour Studies)
- Coral Maloney (Action Canada for Sexual Health and Rights)
- Lona Laurisen Burger (Action Canada for Sexual Health and Rights)
- The webinar will be held in English with simultaneous interpretation to French and Spanish.
- Autogenerated captioning will be available.